[Qgis-user] Label Visibility

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:25:37 PDT 2021

Hello Folks, back again!

I'm trying to have labels display only when that "layer" is turned on
(visible).  BUT my layers are actually rule based symbology and apply
only to selected records in the layer (as per the rules), (sub-layers?).

Under the Rendering tab for labels I find:

/With data-defined expressions in//Show label//and//Always Show//you can
fine tune which labels should be rendered./

but there is no explanation of how to implement this feature.

I would expect that something like this may be in the right direction:

/if (is_layer_visible( @layer_name ) = 0,  ("Tree_Tag"  ||  ' - ' || '

Any thoughts on how to selectively make labels visible would be great.

-----
Cheers, Spring