[Qgis-user] QGIS-3 single line/point layers from hand-written co-ordinates

John Moyle drjmoyle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 07:36:21 PDT 2021

I am a retired Chartered Engineer, Physician and Anaesthetist!. In
retirement I have completed a PhD "The Maintenance of the Victorian
Submarine Telegraph Cable System".  I want to correlate N Atlantic cable
interruptions with geological events of that era. I have found a
raster-file of the sea bed and a shape file of the tectonic plate
boundaries. Fantastic! Now I want to make separate point or line layers for
each interruption, volcano, earthquake and landslide.  I have all the data
in lat/long, hand written in a notebook whilst searching the archives at
the National Maritime Museum.
My problem is that all QGIS-3 courses take  many hours turning one into a
town and country planner before the simple layers I want to make!  At 75,
life is too short. I want to input the co-ordinates, by hand, layer by
layer. Can anyone give me step by step instructions please.
Thank you
John Moyle