[Qgis-user] How to create / copy and paste annotations

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:33:43 PDT 2021

Azzurra and list,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:28 AM Azzurra Lentini <azzurralentini at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I must draw some annotations in my project qgz (in the canvas): letter +
> number and a frame around.
> I did this with "text annotations", but it is not so comfortable because I
> must make several changes to create the label (and even after this I can't
> obtain the label I would like) and I don't find the way to copy and paste
> these annotations  (in order to avoid to repeat the modifications for every
> label).
> Is it in Qgis another way to make annotations and to copy and paste?

I've used a point layer with attributes I can combine by labeling rules, or
even with a text field that can contain the text for annotating.  The
labeling ability in QGIS is quite flexible.

In case it's not clear, then, you create a label by 1) placing a point and
2) entering the attribute(s) in the related field(s).  You can at some
point use Properties > Labels to show the labels (and you can turn off the
display of the points).

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.