[Qgis-user] python(3) script to calculate latitude longitude values from (ESRI) shape file

wxgis thinjogger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:40:41 PDT 2021

Hi -
Wondering if there is existing Python(3) script code that can take an (ESRI)
shape file as input and then calculate latitude/longitude/elevation values
for country boundaries.  For example, if the input file is a SHP file for
France, the output would be the lat/lon/elevation values for the country
boundaries.  I am quite new to QGIS, looking at version 3.18 (so only know
about ESRI shape files, maybe there are other types of SHP files?), and read
that in QGIS  I can edit the attribute table for a given layer and add
latitude/longitude attributes, but I am hoping to this more
programmatically, using the QGIS Python console.  I gladly welcome any ideas
on this.

TIA,
Steve