[Qgis-user] GPX group, add field "name" from track layer to attribut table point layer

APM apschwimmer at apmland.de
Sun Apr 25 05:07:29 PDT 2021

Dear List,

if I import a gpx file via "Data source manager", I get a group with two
layers:

1. "track_points" as PointZ layer

2. "tracks" as MultiLineStringZ

The "tracks" layer contains a field "name" in the attribute table.

This field is not in the "track_points layer".

Is there a way to add the field "name" in the "track_point" layer, so
that every point has the track name which he belongs to?

I need this to create a map with hiking signs of the tracks. I use the
field "name" to get the relation between hiking signs and the tracks.

Basically it works, but I have overlapping SVG signs in the map.

To avoid this overlapping, I try to use the "point displacement" in the
"Symbology" menu. But I'm not sure if it will work. Maybe there is a
better way to avoid the overlapping.

Thank you for you help!

KR

Piet