[Qgis-user] Measure distance along line

Prud'homme Jérémie p.jeremie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 00:55:38 PDT 2021

Thanks all for your answers.

To resume the possibilities :
- Create a temporary line layer, create a line with automatic tracing on.
Get the length of the created geometry
- Use Shortest path (point to point) tool, which allow to click on two
points on the line to create a temporary line layer with the path between
the two points. Length is saved into an attribute of that new layer.
- Having the measure tool to use the tracing option would be much
appreciated by everyone :)

@Nicolas Cadieux : the $length doesn't work as I only want a part of the
original line. It works with the temp line layer, for example as label, to
display easily the length of the features (is CRS is in meter of course).

Best regards,
Jérémie.