[Qgis-user] QGIS WFS Bug

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:45:22 PDT 2021

I believe there is a bug in the QGIS WFS GetFeature request. Can someone
verify?  I have tested this on Windows with QGIS 3.16 up through 3.20.  I
found it because QGIS is failing with one of our WFS servers. The WFS
specification for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 specifies that one form of the SRSNAME
urn looks like

SRSNAME=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:4326

Note that there is one colon between EPSG and 4326. The WFS 2.0.0
specification has two colons between EPSG and 4326.

SRSNAME=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326

The server I am working with does not support the 2.0.0 specification and
strictly enforces the one colon rule.

Unfortunately, QGIS is sending out two colons for the 1.1.0 GetFeature
request which the WFS server immediately rejects. There is another oddity,
if I specifically add VERSION=1.0.0 to the WFS URL, QGIS does not seem to
respect that I really want to use 1.0.0 and sees that the server supports
1.1.0 and uses it instead. I tried this to see if the 1.0.0 protocol had
the same problem.

Can someone verify that this is a bug and that I am not missing something?

Thanks,

Calvin