[Qgis-user] Issue extracting Strahler order from QGIS saved DEM

johnboyd at netspace.net.au johnboyd at netspace.net.au
Fri Aug 20 03:33:58 PDT 2021

Hi All, I am relatively new to GIS and was hoping for some help with a
problem I have.

When I load a DEM (tiff) file from an external source and fill sinks I can
extract the Strahler order without issue. However after I save the file
using the QGIS export feature and attempt to extract the Strahler order
there is an issue where I appear to just get many short streams that don't
connect.   Looking at the layer attributes between the unsaved file and the
saved one they appear identical.

I would appreciate some suggestions as it is frustrating not being able to
save the updated DEM so it works.

Regards

John