[Qgis-user] Issue extracting Strahler order from QGIS saved DEM

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:02:31 PDT 2021

Hi,
When you save the file, are you changing the crs?  If the ordinal DEM is in meters and the exported file in long last, the algorithm could go funny on you as some algorithms need files that are in meters to work well.

Btw, would you be using saga in processing to do this?  Is so.  I have had a problem in the past where I could use a tiff, fill the sinks and then extract streams all in one shot. But if I saved the fill sink file and tried to use it later, I would get unusual results in th stream.  If you have this problem, we should file a bug report.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux