[Qgis-user] Themes, visibility, layout, report, atlas and Layer ID vs Layer name

Jésahel Benoist djes1975 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:47:45 PDT 2021

Le ven. 20 août 2021 à 15:37, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> I still don't understand what you mean by updating a group...

An example : a layer group is a way for us to group layers by their use. We
have some groups with 20-30 layers with sub-groups. Sometimes for an update
we add/remove a layer from the group, change its symbology, add/remove some
fields. To update projects, or to add or remove functionalities, we often
use layer definition files. But by using this, new layers ids are changed
and so the templates need to be revamped. We have defined projects, and
some users have more than 50 templates...

> Anyway, maybe others have faced similar problems, I would try the qgis-dev
> mailing list

Thank you !