[Qgis-user] trouble accessing New York City basemap

Stephen Sacks ssacks456 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:37:50 PDT 2021

I need an orthoimagery basemap layer for a project involving a public
park in Brooklyn, NY.  I'm hoping that what I want is at :
https://maps.nyc.gov/tiles/#aerial-layers-tms  .
Instructions at:   www.maps.nyc.gov/tiles/#qgis
tell me to install a plugin called  " TileLayer Plugin".  I downloaded
that plugin (a zip file), but QGIS tells me that it's not compatible
with my QGIS 3.16.
    I'd appreciate advice on how to get either (1) this map with a
different plugin, or (2) a different orthoimagery basemap that includes
the Brooklyn Promenade.   Thanks.
Steve