[Qgis-user] Selecting Multiple Layers in a Single Click

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Fri Aug 20 13:34:33 PDT 2021

You can select multiple layers by selecting the first layer and holding
SHIFT, then all the other layers between those two selected should also be
selected.

You can hold the CTRL button and click a layer to toggle it's selected
status to add or remove it from the selection.

You can then add them to a group or drag their order on the ToC, but to
toggle all layer visibility you will need to use the hide/ show selected
features option from the layer visibility drop down in the layer panel.

To my knowledge you can also only apply operations such as pasting of layer
styles to an individual layer,  so the option will be applied to the layer
which you clicked to being up the context options and not all layers in the
selection.

Also, only the last layer selected will be marked as the currently "active"
layer when using operations like iface.activeLayer() from pyqgis.