[Qgis-user] processAlgorithm vs processFeature?

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:54:56 PDT 2021

I discovered that it looks like there is another way to deal with
processing algorithms. Rather than use processAlgorithm it looks like I can
use prepareAlgorithm & processFeature. I have always used processAlgorithm
and then iterated through the features.

Is processFeature just as quick as using processAlgorithm (iterating
through the features)? Is one method preferred over the other? I think for
some algorithms using processFeature would make the code look cleaner. Are
there any gotchas in using the processFeature method?

Thanks,

Calvin