[Qgis-user] processAlgorithm vs processFeature?

Ujaval Gandhi ujaval at spatialthoughts.com
Mon Aug 23 19:55:06 PDT 2021

If your algorithm works on each feature independently, processFeature() is
preferred. If you need to work with layers, you need to use
processAlgorithm(). I demonstrate this with an example at
https://spatialthoughts.com/2019/04/05/geodesic-buffers-in-qgis/

On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:25 PM, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:

> I discovered that it looks like there is another way to deal with
> processing algorithms. Rather than use processAlgorithm it looks like I can
> use prepareAlgorithm & processFeature. I have always used processAlgorithm
> and then iterated through the features.
>
> Is processFeature just as quick as using processAlgorithm (iterating
> through the features)? Is one method preferred over the other? I think for
> some algorithms using processFeature would make the code look cleaner. Are
> there any gotchas in using the processFeature method?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Calvin

[image: Logo] <https://spatialthoughts.com/>
Ujaval Gandhi