[Qgis-user] Training manual import of .qml files

Walt Haas haas at xmission.com
Tue Aug 24 21:12:20 PDT 2021

Hi, I'm a clueless newbie trying to work through the training manual.
2.4.10 point 2. says "Load the style file advanced_levels_demo.qml
provided in exercise_data/styles".  This seems to imply using the style
manager, but the browser only opens XML files.  To further cloud the
issue, Appendix C says "2.8.3.3 ... QML is an XML format for storing
layer styling." but the style manager file browser doesn't believe it.

It seems like a bug in the documentation to omit how to do this, and
I've filed an issue on the documentation.  In the meantime, can anyone
give me a clue?

Thanks  -- Walt