[Qgis-user] OpenStreetMap Standard XYZ WMS exported to PDF is too small

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Aug 25 06:43:17 PDT 2021

Hugh Kelley <hghklly at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible that some settings in the OSM tile server have recently
> changed?

Anything is possible but if you mean the "Standard" layer at

  https://www.openstreetmap.org/

which fetches from

  https://tile.openstreetmap.org/

then I have been using that for editing the map and I have not noticed
significant changes or any wailing and gnashing of teeth about changes.

(BTW, use of OSM tiles should comply with the tile usage policy:

  https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

but that's not new.)

> I have noticed (maybe over the last few months) that the labels are very
> small, similar to what Bruno is describing and I believe that I had
> previously not noticed this as a problem, which makes me wonder whether
> something has changed.

Do you mean they look smaller when you look at them on
openstreetmap.org, or when rendered at ? dpi to PDF by qgis?

> Here is a helpful resource for exploring free xyz tile options from a
> variety of sources:
> https://leaflet-extras.github.io/leaflet-providers/preview/

Interesting link.  Clicking around, the label sizes seem generally similar.