[Qgis-user] LAStools on Mac Catalina --- LAS -> LAZ

Maria Shinoto maria.shinoto at zaw.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Aug 26 03:23:41 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have to shrink 9 larger LiDAR data sets with LAStools to LAZ.

Now I am working on a Mac (Intel; Catalina) and do not know how I should get LAStools, the zip-command in particular, running.

With web search I only find entries that are 7 or so years old, and I am not sure, whether these tips still works.

I use the Terminal on Mac, have Parallels with Windows 10 installed and could try it that way as well. Or is there a solution with QGIS? (I am preparing an upgrade from 3.12 to 3.20)

Thanks a lot,
Maria