[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.20 odense freezing, ubuntu error messages

abisheridee abisheridee at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:27:38 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I hope you can help me, I'm only a shallow user of QGIS but I'm in the
middle of writing my thesis and really need to produce some maps!!

I use ubuntu 20.04, and when I opened QGIS for the first time in a while I
saw it had updated. Version 3.16 worked perfectly and I had little to no
freezing problems. However now it's totally unusable, freezes immediately
on opening a layer or even browsing files to open. I've tried uninstalling,
purging, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work.

When I ask ubuntu to update I get this error, even after I've
uninstalled/purged QGIS

"N: Skipping acquisition of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages', as
repository 'https://qgis.org/ubuntu focal InRelease' doesn't support
architecture 'i386'
N: Skipping acquisition of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages', as
repository 'https://qgis.org/debian focal InRelease' doesn't support
architecture 'i386'"

To install I follow the instructions on the QGIS site so I'm not doing
anything weird. This all started after the automatic update. Please let me
know if you need more info, I'm not confident with any of this so please
explain to me like I'm an idiot.

Thanks
Abi