[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.20 odense freezing, ubuntu error messages

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Mon Aug 30 13:50:46 PDT 2021

Hey there, step one for troubleshooting is that you can try a new user
profile.

To create a new profile, go to Settings >> User Profiles >> New User Profile

Alternatively you can remove your existing user profile from the
home directory (on ubuntu usually
~/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/yourprofilename/). You can also find it
by using Open Active Profile Folder from the user profile menu in QGIS.

User profiles store configuration, plugins, and other user specific
settings and resources, so resetting tends to fix most issues.

Profiles are distinct from the QGIS version, so you could, for example,
have a plugin or resource not compatible with the newer QGIS version and
removing it would help resolve your stability problems. There is always a
chance that something else is wrong, but it's a good place to start.

Regards