[Qgis-user] Changing default pop-up attribute when using Identify tool

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Dec 8 13:32:50 PST 2021

Hi,

I doubt that there is a simple way to change the behaviour of the
identify tool.

Recently, I came up with an idea how to quickly display whatever value
or even calculations by circumventing the identify tool but use a
special label setting and using the select tool.

Have a look here: https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/416224/8202

This example is about showing the area of a selected polygon, but
instead of the formula, you can put in every attribute of a layer.

Cheers,

Bernd