[Qgis-user] Newby question on mapping information

Miro Lucassen miluc at mirolucassen.nl
Thu Dec 9 08:57:48 PST 2021

Hi, this is probably easy for experienced users, but I am stuck in the interface as this is my first project in QGIS.
Aim of project: map of a part of an Dutch municipal authority, marked areas that are owned by the local authorities.
Input 1: KML-file of all registered property (kadaster) in the relevant area plus a bit more, with separate layers for boundaries of each plot and unique ID, including geo-information
Input 2: CSV-file of all property owned by the Municipality in the relevant area plus a bit more, with same ID as the general KML-file, no geo-information

I see the map of all property, I have imported the municipality-plots as a separate layer, but now what? How do I connect the relevant property to the map, and how do I create a visualisation that shows the plots owned by the Municipality?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Miro Lucassen,
The Netherlands