[Qgis-user] MrSIS Import Reference File Problem

bazza_05.excite bazza_05 at excite.com
Mon Feb 1 16:08:02 PST 2021

I am an absolute newbie to QGIS  but have used other GIS programs.

I have tried to import a MrSID rater file with a correlating world file (.sdw) by using the menu path: Layer - Add Layer - Add Raster Layer.
I navigate to the folder where the file resides that also contains the .sdw and when I click on add I get a CRS error and the image does not go to its proper coordinates and defaults to near 0,0

The project reference is NAD 83 UTM Z12 N (ESPG 26912) which is the same as the image world file.

Is there a correct method to insert the image file?

I am on version 3.16.2

Cheers,
Baz