[Qgis-user] What is postgresql client version and does it have anything to do with different postgresql versions

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Feb 3 10:03:46 PST 2021

"Groene Bij" <mail at groenebij.nl> writes:

> Hence my search for information on dependencies and whether QGIS 3.16
> (or later) favors any postgresql and postgis version above another

Probably not a useful comment to you, but as I understand the qgis
sources can be built against a number of postgresql client libraries.  I
think you are talking about, as I gather most windows users do, not just
about qgis sources but about binaries: particular distributions of
already-built qgis.  There, I find "qgis 3.16 does x" to be a bit on
shaky ground, as there could be multiple such binaries even for Windows,
and there are certainly various builds for other systems.  You are
probably talking about the installer on qgis.org.