[Qgis-user] What is postgresql client version and does it have anything to do with different postgresql versions

Groene Bij mail at groenebij.nl
Wed Feb 3 08:54:50 PST 2021

Thank for your reply and the links.

I use win10 as OS. On my current pc I use postgresql11 and postgis 2.5.

I am however replacing both my pc and laptop for new equipment, so that got me thinking on maybe upgrading to postgresql12 and postgis 3.1 as well.

Hence my search for information on dependencies and whether QGIS 3.16  (or later) favors any postgresql and postgis version above another

Nyall Dawson pointed out the postgresql client version used in qgis is unrelated to postgresql versioning, if I understand him correctly.

Jeroen Hovens