[Qgis-user] Georeferencing a DXF file

Walt Ludwick walt at valedalama.net
Wed Feb 3 11:10:45 PST 2021

I've received a 3D AutoCAD file from an architect that i managed to convert
into 2D .dxf format and import into my QGIS project, but it is out-of-scale
and out-of-place, so i guess i need to add some georeferencing coordinates
to the file.

This should be easy enough, since it's an accurate representation of a
building that's already in the project -with an additional wing tacked on-
so i'm thinking i could just use a few corners of that existing buildings
as ground control points, and map them to the corresponding corners on this
.dxf model, then maybe all other co-ordinates could be automatically
generated by some tool, if i could just find the right one for the job.

Is there in fact any such easy way to do this thing?