[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] New QGIS Date/Time Tools Plugin

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:49:46 PST 2021

Thanks Jeroen,

Here is a link to the timezone geopackage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IS_bExc5M2IhadK9hzE012oorvV3IbBp/view?usp=sharing

You could also use the shapefile from

https://github.com/evansiroky/timezone-boundary-builder/releases/tag/2020d

I am using the version with oceans. I suspect that the shapefile may be
slightly faster than the gpkg, but I haven't tested it yet.

Here is the gpkg of 10,000 random points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vz0ho8nQ9rxG6YUG_JebyVygBkjMFsGr/view?usp=sharing

Here is a short script that you can run in the QGIS python console to time
how long it takes to search the timezone for each of the 10,000 points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMBs6AdvdvWOI_S9XvEaDm3oVyr_vHNv/view?usp=sharing

You will either need to pip install the timezonefinder library or install
the datetimetools-3.0.1.zip release which will make the QGIS python console
aware of the library.

https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/qgis-datetimetools-plugin/releases/tag/3.0.1

The mention of ArcGIS is simply that we have an ESRI centric environment
and it is difficult to get QGIS accepted so I try to do everything I can to
make QGIS look appealing.

Thanks once again,

Calvin