[Qgis-user] Georeferencing a DXF file

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 4 00:43:10 PST 2021

On 2/4/21 9:23 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> The same discussion also pops up in the Swiss and QGIS user group e-mail lists again and again and I believe it should be able to come up with funding, if some developer could take the lead on implementing this in QGIS core. I was hoping that Jürgen would be available to implement it, as he also did the DXF/DWG importer and it would make sense, that the DXF/DWG importer also integrates with a vector georeferencing solution.

Hi Andreas,

Sorry but I fail to see the dxf 'connection' :-). Would this not be a very generic vector tool, for example to be used by people who receive svg's or so.... or data which they do not know the crs of or....

Also: this is very much about 'data quality', not sure if I would make QGIS be responsible for fixing data if people feed messy data into QGIS...?

Isn't it better to make the plugin just work (and also promote it a little, I never would have made the connection about 'vector georeferencing' and 'bender' ;-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde