[Qgis-user] Support - representing a graph in Qgis

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:08:31 PST 2021

Hi,
See below
Nicolas

> Le 9 févr. 2021 à 11:07, Giacomo Uguccioni <giacomo.uguccioni at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> Hello everyone, and thanks for the support.
> If this is not the place to ask for this kind of thing, I ask you to give me a link where I could find support.
This is such a place.

> I'm a qgis 3.14 user. I would like to represent a tree diagram or functional diagram

Not sure what you mean here but I imagine it’s like a car electrical diagram you find in garage manuals.  QGIS could do this but there is specialized CAD software for electrical or electronic engineering that will connect and position things for you. Since your talking about roads and voltage grid, you may want something that closer to a map than a diagram so QGIS will do it.

> being able to draw the symbology and position of nodes and connections from the information contained in the attribute table. Example: I would like to represent the medium voltage grid of a city as an electrical diagram; I would like to represent with lines that join at nodes the roads that connect certain houses and schools in a city.

You can do this with lines and point and up using the attributes tables. Then, you can use rule base rendering where for example, a line is black if you if you have something like « ground » it the attribute table.  You can create or import your own symbol for lines, points, and polygons.