[Qgis-user] Support - representing a graph in Qgis

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:55:59 PST 2021

Giacomo and list,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:07 AM Giacomo Uguccioni <
giacomo.uguccioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, and thanks for the support.
> If this is not the place to ask for this kind of thing, I ask you to give
> me a link where I could find support.
> I'm a qgis 3.14 user. I would like to represent a tree diagram or
> functional diagram being able to draw the symbology and position of nodes
> and connections from the information contained in the attribute table.
> Example: I would like to represent the medium voltage grid of a city as an
> electrical diagram; I would like to represent with lines that join at nodes
> the roads that connect certain houses and schools in a city. So my goal is
> to be able to build a layout with symbology of nodes and connections
> derived from information contained in different shapefiles or within
> features, with a non-geographic but schematic / ideal criterion.
> Do you have any ideas or suggestions on how to do it? I thank you for
> every contribution.

Not a QGIS-based solution, but I've used graphviz <https://graphviz.org/>
to generate graphs from the command line with considerable success.  It
offers a small but useful programming language that can be combined with
data in text files in a really useful way.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.