[Qgis-user] Unreadable streetnames during export as image from print composer

silvio.bentzien silvio.bentzien at protonmail.com
Fri Feb 12 03:06:19 PST 2021

Hey,
that is a common thing to happen when exporting maps using a WM(T)S or Tile layer. This is due to the difference in DPI between your monitor (probably ~ 96dpi) and the exported map (probably ~300dpi).

Service layers will send you more tiles of a smaller scale instead of something that resembles what you see on your screen. A solution would be to use service layers that have a fixed scale. I'm not familiar with maptiler/pdok but if they have a layer for, let's say, 1:10000, then use this one if your map is 1:10000.

Hope this helps.

greetings,
silvio