[Qgis-user] Inserting a Simple Straight Line

Jon Fox jon.fox at jonfoxpg.com
Mon Feb 15 11:07:38 PST 2021

Hello

I am a new GIS user learning QGIS version 3.16.1-Hannover.  I am trying to
insert a simple (straight) line using the "add node item" button per the
QGIS training manual Section 4.2.2.  The only drop-down options for this
button are polyline and polygon.  I tried to insert a straight line by using
various combinations of right- or left-clicking, and by hitting the "enter"
key, but the line keeps continuing on as if I can only make a polyline.  How
does one create a simple straight line in QGIS?  Any method will be
appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jon