[Qgis-user] Does "Organize columns" work for anybody? (QGIS 3.16)

Jeff Sonnentag jsonnentag at llenviroinc.com
Tue Feb 16 16:17:57 PST 2021

So the next problem leading to immediate crash/lockup comes when I try to manage multiple columns (I want to hide a bunch of them and right-clicking and choosing Hide Column for each one takes forever).

Does it actually work in QGIS 3.16.3 for anybody?

When the icon for "Organize columns" (pencil in front of a table) is clicked (doesn't matter what shapefile) QGIS stops working and must be shut down with the Windows 10 Task Manager.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/attribute_table.html#hiding-and-organizing-columns-and-enabling-actions

This list of known bugs in the change log mentions that it doesn't work if the table is empty, but the table is NOT empty and it still doesn't work.

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog316/index.html

Organize columns not working if the table is empty

#38653<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/38653>

Upstream (Qt)

So is it just me or everybody?