[Qgis-user] Recent Projects Must be 1 or more - How to limit number of "Recent Projects" listed - Correction

Jeff Sonnentag jsonnentag at llenviroinc.com
Tue Feb 16 15:30:19 PST 2021

Well, I shouldn't have spoken so fast about it working OK with a setting of 0 for "Recent Projects".  I didn't try to save anything.

When I later did try to save something it saved but then immediately crashed/closed.  Searching for that "feature"/behavior I found something about that having to do with old QGIS files being around and to reinstall, but that didn't make any sense.

So I changed the Recent Projects variable to 1 and it works right again.  So apparently you CANNOT use 0 as the number of Recent Projects.  I switched it back and forth a couple times and it did the same thing and it is 100% repeatable.

OK, I got another response from Etienne Trimaille about that setting in "Apps" in "Advanced" in "Settings".  I thought something must be hiding somewhere, but had no idea where to look.

It's all set to 0 and working fine.

I don't know what it does with those default 20 most recent projects on the list that slows things down, but it certainly makes a difference.