[Qgis-user] Symbology blank

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 17 04:25:21 PST 2021

On 2/17/21 12:44 PM, Ruby Jardine wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to create a standard global map on the prevalence of maternal health issues. I have added my datasets and joined them, however when I go to the ‘Symbology’ section to colour code the map, it is blank. Do you know why this is and how I can change this to be able to create my map.

Is the type of your column you want to use ok (depending on the type of symbology you want to use)
?
If you want to use a graduated symbol, you need to have numbers. If you data has string as type, you can easily use an expression (the little button next to the drop down) to 'cast' your string to int or double. Another option is to fix this in the join or your original data.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde