[Qgis-user] Installation Problem

Polo GD jezx3m at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:01:06 PST 2021

Hi,

Having issues installing QGIS ltr (3.16.4) 64-bit standalone. It gets stuck
on the creating folder stage of the install. Any detailed help would be
really appreciated. My knowledge of installation packages and how they work
is very minimal and I've asked the questions in a few places and not
managed to get an answer that I understand what to do with!

I've had responses on the following suggestions so far of github and
freenode webchat:

   - Using a dependency walker - With this I managed to output a log file
   but not sure what to do with it or what the information within the file
   tells me.
   - Some text on something called PKGBUILD - I have no idea what this is
   or what to do with it.

I am a GIS user and not a programmer so these responses are like another
language to me. I have been using QGIS for 3 years now and never come
across an installation issue like this before. Please could someone assist
and give me some steps to work through that might help either diagnose the
problem or resolve the issue?

Many Thanks,