[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.18 how to load LiDAR

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:01:52 PST 2021

Hi,

I  have not research this much but I have the latest QGIS 3.18.0.1 with
Pdal installed and I only see support ept.json files. Same with 3.19
dev.  The post suggest there is and New OSGeo4W installer.  Perhaps that
is the problem?

The trouble shooting says
(https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2021/02/15/qgis-point-cloud-windows/)

*Problem*: I am unable to add any LAS/LAZ point cloud file

*Solution*: Ensure you have used the correct installer linked above.
Development builds of QGIS in the ordinary OSGeo4W installer DO NOT
include support for point clouds.

That installer is found here.

http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/testing/

Nicolas

On 2021-02-27 7:05 a.m., Andrea Giudiceandrea wrote:
> Javier Soto wrote
>> I have downloaded OSGEO installer following the instructions on this post
>> https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2021/02/15/qgis-point-cloud-windows/
>>
>> but i have not managed to load point clouds in LAS or LAZ format.
> Hi Javier,
> most likely you need to install the PDAL library using the same OSGeo4W
> installer.
>
> Regards.
>
> Andrea
>

> --