[Qgis-user] missing NEWS?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Feb 28 07:05:14 PST 2021

I maintain the qgis package in pkgsrc, a multi-OS multi-CPU portable
packaging system.  I am in the process of updating from 3.10.x to
3.16.4.  (As an aside, someday we might also package the non-LTR
version, or we might switch to latest stable instead of LTR.)

pkgsrc has a requirement that commit messages for updates contain a
summary of upstream NEWS (or, in cases when upstream does not publish a
summary of chagnes, what upstream should have put in NEWS)

In the 3.16.4 tarball, there is the expected NEWS.md but it only
describes 3.12.  I have found

  https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html
  https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog316/index.html

but those, while very detailed and helpful in many ways, are enormous.
I wonder if I am missing something, or if their really is no GNU-style
NEWS file.

Thanks,
Greg