[Qgis-user] question about statistical analysis and histograms

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 08:19:15 PST 2021

Azzurra and list,

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021, 08:07 Azzurra Lentini <azzurralentini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I am using Qgis 3.16.1.
>
> I have a shape file of polygons of different zones classified by type of
> vegetation (so each polygon has different type of vegetation and these
> polygons have different surface). Each type of vegetation has a code
> (string type: letters and numbers),  so the field of type vegetation has
> data type string (text).
>

> I need to understand which kind of vegetation is more frequent (which type
> of vegetation occupies a greater areal extension) and I would like to do a
> histogram  that shows the result.

I think you want the Vector Layer Histogram tool for this.  I haven't used
it myself but from what I read it should do the job. I imagine you'll need
to add your area to the DBF.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/352859/how-to-create-histogram-to-visualize-features-value-in-qgis-3

An alternative is to add the area to the DBF and import the DBF into your
favourite spreadsheet program.  This would give you access to other
statistical tools.