[Qgis-user] v.transform Tool

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:09:38 PST 2021

Hi Nyall,

Thanks for adding more info on this.  It would be really nice to have an
AutoCad like feature for this type of vector transformation.  Basically,
you start with selecting the features you want to move, click on the
origin of  the selected features, click and where you want the features
to be translated, then click for the scale and angle.  You can also
write the parameters manually.

Just a thought... Cheers!

Nicolas

On 2021-01-06 7:38 p.m., Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 07:31, krishna Ayyala <ayyalakrishna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have created a polygon shape file with CRS of EPSG:4326-WGS 84. I ran the v.transform Tool on this polygon by increasing the xscale to 1.5 and yscale to 1.5. I see a polygon generated. But, this is not falling on top of the original polygon. It is falling in completely in a different location i.e beyond the map limits. What should I do to have this fall at the right location?
> This tool literally just takes the coordinates in the features and
> scales them by the value -- so a vertex at 30.5, 70 will scale to 70,
> 140 if you scale with 2/2 scaling values. (In other words, it will
> appear to move). To scale around a center point you'd need to
> translate the feature back to the origin, scale it, and then translate
> back to its original location.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux