[Qgis-user] v.transform Tool

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:38:22 PST 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 07:31, krishna Ayyala <ayyalakrishna at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created a polygon shape file with CRS of EPSG:4326-WGS 84. I ran the v.transform Tool on this polygon by increasing the xscale to 1.5 and yscale to 1.5. I see a polygon generated. But, this is not falling on top of the original polygon. It is falling in completely in a different location i.e beyond the map limits. What should I do to have this fall at the right location?

This tool literally just takes the coordinates in the features and
scales them by the value -- so a vertex at 30.5, 70 will scale to 70,
140 if you scale with 2/2 scaling values. (In other words, it will
appear to move). To scale around a center point you'd need to
translate the feature back to the origin, scale it, and then translate
back to its original location.