[Qgis-user] Importing raster images into Postgis and PostgreSQL versions

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Sat Jan 9 02:19:15 PST 2021

Hi Grant,

QGIS is able to read rasters for any available version of Postgis, as
far as I know. Make sure you have postgis_raster extension installed.

You can upload and use Postgis rasters easily with a plugin called
Raster2postgis [1]. It is experimental, so you have to enable
experimental plugins in the plugin manager to install it. It also
depends on a Python module unidecode that you have to add to your QGIS.
The installation is documented at [2].

Feel free to ask questions about the plugin and about Postgis raster
support in QGIS.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 08:12 de 09/01/21, Grant Boxer escreveu:
> Is it possible to import raster layers into a postgis database
> (easily) and what version of PostgreSQL can the latest release and
> development versions of QGIS read?
>
> Cheers Grant Boxer
>
> Perth Western Australia

Email Signature
Logo <https://www.geomaster.pt>
*Geomaster*
*Jorge Gustavo Rocha* | Software Engineer
*e:*jgr at geomaster.pt | *m:*+351 910 333 888
*g:*41.54094,-8.40490 | *v: *510 906 109
*a: * Rua António Cândido Pinto, 67, 4715-400 Braga