[Qgis-user] GTiff compression issues

Yury yury.zammit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:12:52 PST 2021

Hi,

I am using QGIS to try and compress hi-res drone imagery.  I am using GDAL
tools, such as 'Clip Raster by Extent' .  In the command line parameters I
am adding the following:

-co COMPRESS=JPEG -co TILED=YES --config GDAL_TIFF_INTERNAL_MASK YES.

The original image is RGBA.

Compression is significant (which is what I need) and visually there is not
much of a difference.  However, when zooming further in (1:200), I noticed
that some raster cells have turned white.  When inspecting, it appears that
the compression is changing the data of one or more of the bands to
nodata.  How can this be resolved?

I am using QGIS 3.10.8

Thanks

Yury Zammit