[Qgis-user] PDAL to the rescue

Drew French fullboarfarm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 07:18:15 PDT 2021

Thanks Luigi - I am a beginner with json pipelines and python scripts, as
well as PDAL, but am learning how useful this workflow is. When you switch
from clicking buttons to understanding the code you get a much better grasp
of what is happening behind the scenes, as well as your actual work needs.

I did create a json pipeline and used PDAL command "pipeline" in the
terminal. I know I should be using Conda but I still haven't understood the
need for Conda quite yet, if anybody can explain that a little more. Is it
okay to simply use the terminal or should I be using Conda?

I am also trying to learn Julia in order to use Circuitscape and that is a
whole nother ball of wax. There really are no beginner tutorials on a lot
of these more specialized applications  one is expected to understand quite
a bit of code before even attempting to use some of them.

Thanks,

Andrew