[Qgis-user] Missing plugins in version 3.20

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Tue Jul 6 14:58:24 PDT 2021

It seems that QGIS 3.20 is unable to access python correctly. It is
possible that this is an ENV/ Path error that may be resolved by launching
QGIS from a relevant batch file, such as C:\OSGeo4W\bin\qgis.bat (or
similar depending on your installation configuration)

Are you using the "new" OSGeo4W installer? If not and you attempted to
upgrade from the old installer it could be causing the issue.

There was an update to OSGeo4W for the latest release that is not really
backwards compatible. The current recommendation is to uninstall QGIS/
remove the historic OSGeo4W installation directory (or rename it), download
the latest installer from QGIS.org [1] and install a new instance of QGIS
from there.

If you are using the LTR (stable release), then using the existing
installer to upgrade should be fine, but you likely won't be able to use
3.20 correctly. There is more information on the downloads page related to
this.

[1] https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html