[Qgis-user] What is meant by this - "Ballpark . . ." - Didn't start until last update

Jeff Sonnentag jsonnentag at llenviroinc.com
Fri Jul 9 16:09:48 PDT 2021

What is meant by this error/notice?

Previously nothing similar appeared unless there were actually things to change (layers), but now (after installing 3.16.8 labeled as "Standalone installers (MSI) from OSGeo4W packages (recommended for new users)" - which it installed into a whole new subdirectory from the previous, so I then uninstalled 3.16.7) when a new project is started and the CRS is changed to what I want to use (and there are no layers loaded in!) it comes up with this nonsense.

An alternative, ballpark-only transform was used when transforming coordinates between EPSG:2230 - NAD83 / California zone 6 (ftUS) and EPSG:4326 - WGS 84. The results may not match those obtained by using the preferred operation:
Possibly an incorrect choice of operation was made for transformations between these reference systems. Check the Project Properties and ensure that the selected transform operations are applicable over the whole extent of the current project.

[cid:image001.png at 01D774DC.254A9170]