[Qgis-user] Import Kmz without losing the symbology

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 22:11:03 PDT 2021

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 19:28, Stefan Giese (WhereGroup)
<stefan.giese at wheregroup.com> wrote:

> unfortunally I didn't read the whole feature description in the changelog, it says  "...Currently only supports line symbol conversion, but point and polygon symbol support is under development...." may be that is the reason...

The changelog is incorrect here -- it's supported for all geometry
types, including point and polygon.

Likely the issue here is in GDAL not supporting the particular styling
format used in this specific kmz, but you'd need to share the data in
order to verify this.

Nyall