[Qgis-user] question on reference relation filter expression (using geometry)

Diego García del Río dgarcia at mediatel.com.ar
Thu Jul 15 20:21:26 PDT 2021

Hi!

I've been trying to use the reference relation widget with a filter
expression and running into quite a bit of issues.

If the expression filter is "self contained" (meaning, it only uses values
/ attributes / fields from the referenced layer) then everything works as
expected.

But im trying to use the expression filter to only list items that are in
the vicinity (buffer) or intersect with the feature being created.

And it seems its impossible to use the "parent" geometry in the
expression in any way that works.

So, for example, if I use the following expression

floor($x)%2=0 it properly shows in the drop down list only those points
where the coordinates are even. (This is not what I need, but was a way to
verify I could access the referenced feature's geometry

now, the problem is how do I compare the referenced feature's geometry to
the point / feature im creating?

I've tried:

intersects($geometry,geometry( @current_parent_feature ))
intersects($geometry , @current_parent_geometry )
intersects($geometry,geometry(@parent))
intersects($geometry, at current_geometry)

(and quite a few other options as well).

I can use an expression in the "default value" field and that works fine

overlay_intersects('poste',"fid")[0]  (where 'poste' is the referenced
layer im trying to filter)

(I also tried with overlay_intersects in the expression filter until I
realised that the "current" object in that expression filter refers to the
iterator we're trying to filter).

Is there any way at all to filter this? (If I use the Value Relation
mechanism i can use one of these filters and it works fine).

Thanks in advance!

*Diego Garcia del Rio* | CTO | Mediatel S.A. | Tel: +54 11 5218 0463 (x103)
| Cel: +54 9 11 4530-4697 | www.mediatel.com.ar | Juan Carlos Cruz 2360 –
4B (1636), Vicente López, Buenos Aires, Argentina |
https://goo.gl/maps/NZCFPwVkFFf14cR67