[Qgis-user] Symbology using an expression to find a field with known suffix

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 17:36:27 PDT 2021

Hi All,

Any help would be much appreciated,  sorry for just throwing this out
there... QGIS is very new to me.

I have lots of tables that I would like to apply common symbology and best
I explain with an example:

table_a.foo_blah
table_b.boo_blah
table_c.whatever_blah
table_d.i_cant_believe_its_not_butter_blah

Q: What would the expression be to find the field ending with "_blah" and
use/return that fields value (as the symbology's categorical value)? I will
never know what the field is called, just that it always ends in _blah.

Big thanks in advance,
Andrew