[Qgis-user] MS SQL Server connection on Linux

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 26 07:33:23 PDT 2021

Hi all,
we could not find any documentation on how to connect a Linux (Debian
stable, more specifically) box to a Microsoft SQL Server database. It
works out of the box on Windows, but on Linux it complains about a
missing driver. I assume to have it working one should install some
proprietary part from Microsoft, and perhaps do some config on the qgis
side.
Are we missing something? Should this info made available somewhere?
Thanks in advance.
--
Paolo Cavallini
www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org