[Qgis-user] Editing attributes in embedded forms

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 1 01:09:57 PDT 2021

Hi Pekka,

Have you enabled the  transaction mode in your project?

See menu "Project" --> "Properties" --> "Data Sources".

I usually enable all three check boxes:

- Automatically create transaction groups where possible

- Evaluate default values on provider side

- Trust project when data source has no metadata

The transaction mode allows to edit all layers from the same data base
connection (needs identical db connection string and credentials) and -
together with "evaluate default values on provider side" - immediately
retrieves primary keys from the DB, so that you can link objects
immediately, without having to save first.

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2021-06-01 09:55, Pekka Sarkola wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I have a problem editing feature attributes in embedded forms. Data is
> stored in PostGIS and I have a simple 1:1 relationship with the
> geometry table and an additional attribute table. QGIS version is
> 3.18.3 on Ubuntu.
>
> I have created a custom form with a drag-and-drop designer. I can edit
> additional attribute table attributes in embedded form, but those edits
> are not stored anywhere. I have to open a separate form and then edit
> attribute values of the related attribute table. This is quite annoying
> for the end user.
>
> Any suggestions? Or should I write a better description to the Github?
>
> Rgs,
>
> Pekka
>
> Pekka Sarkola
> Gispo Oy